START DATE: November 2020. Click Here to Apply
Be part of an exciting time of growth at Wag Nation and help pet parents and their companions live better lives! We have a strong mission and purpose behind what we do, and we are looking for passionate people to join our community!
To fill the role of a Wag Bather, you must first love all pets! We are looking for a specific and unique individual who has compassion for animals, and a real flair for creativity. Our staff values our customers, 2 and 4 legged alike, and we will expect the same from our new team member. This is a professional/knowledgeable but joyous environment to work in! We will have year-round clients/ snow birders/ and seasonal vacationers looking to book. There is a plethora of different breeds in town, but our spa will definitely be geared more towards Doodles, Poodles, Portuguese Water Dogs, Golden Retrievers, Labrador Retrievers, King Charles Cavaliers, among others. Likewise, this duel position will require flexibility and multi-tasking skills. During the “nonwash hours” our employee will be expected to fill the role of an associate, stocking shelves, fulfilling customer requests, cashier and cleaning duties, etc.
- MUST be willing to certify, if not so already.
- High school diploma required. Working towards or have a higher education a plus.
- Must be able to make quick and educated decisions when it comes to dog interaction and needs.
- Knowledge of general dog behavioral cues, indicators and health issues to watch for.
- Be able to lift 40+ pounds and restrain dogs that weigh over 100 pounds.
- High volume of cleaning up dog messes, including feces when required.
- Properly cleaning equipment after use and grooming area, tubs, table, etc.
- Must be able to use highly concentrated cleaning supplies.
- Must not be allergic to or afraid of cats or dogs.
- Must pass a background check.
Subject to lifting, standing, stooping, bending, and walking for long periods of time.
SCHEDULE: Full-Time hours, 40+ per week. Will include weekends and some holiday shifts. Must provide at least a 2-week notice for time off.
BENEFITS: Competitive hourly rates and sign-on bonus (based on experience, qualifications, and customer following). Discounts, tips, and performance bonuses. Paid time off available (based on experience).
TO APPLY: Complete our application and attach your resume along with a portfolio of your work (if applicable). We will contact applicants who we are interested in interviewing. Our team does call all references, please notify him/her ahead of time, if needed. Can’t wait to start the paw-ty with you! Click Here to Apply