START DATE: Spring 2022
Be part of an exciting time of growth at Wag Nation and help pet parents and their companions live better lives! We have a strong mission and purpose behind what we do and we are looking for passionate people to join our community!
To fill the role of a Wag Groomer, you must first love all pets! We are looking for a specific and unique individual who has compassion for animals, and a real flair for creativity. Our staff values our customers, 2 and 4 legged alike, and we will expect the same from our new team member. This is a professional/knowledgeable but joyous environment to work in! We will have year-round clients/ snow birders/ and seasonal vacationers looking to book. There is a plethora of different breeds in town, but our spa will definitely be geared more towards Doodles, Poodles, Portuguese Water Dogs, Golden Retrievers, Labrador Retrievers, King Charles Cavaliers, among others.
• MUST have prior grooming experience with a variety of dog breeds/coats (no certification necessary, but a plus).
• High school diploma required. Working towards or have a higher education a plus.
• Must be able to make quick and educated decisions when it comes to dog interaction and needs.
• Knowledge of general dog behavioral cues, indicators and health issues to watch for.
• Be able to lift 40+ pounds and restrain dogs that weigh over 100 pounds.
• High volume of cleaning up dog messes, including feces when required.
• Properly cleaning equipment after use and grooming area, tubs, table, etc.
• Must be able to use highly concentrated cleaning supplies.
• Must not be allergic to or afraid of cats or dogs.
• Must pass background check.
Subject to lifting, standing, stooping, bending and walking for long periods of time.
Schedule: Full Time hours, 40+ per week. Will include weekend and some holiday shifts. Must provide at least a 2-week notice for time off.
All benefits are based on experience. Competitive Salary rates, starting range is $20- $27 per hour. Discounts, tips, and performance bonuses. Paid time off available. There is a sign on BONUS just for being hired. There is an additional bonus if you are bringing clients with you. Bonus range is based on experience, relocation needs, and/or clients booked within the first 90 days: $1,000 -$3,000.
We will contact applicants who we are interested in interviewing. Our team does call all references, please notify him/her ahead of time, if needed. Can't wait to start the paw-ty with you! Please apply below.